I have , l 4/5 spinal stenosis . I can barely walk and frequently collapse due to spasm from back to knees . I seem to be getting weaker on standing . Cortisone injections have helped a little . So far , i have been adviced nothing more can be done safely . I would appreciate more positive help . Meanwhile i am trying to remain active .

Kind regards Mr Art Vink mitchell pk sa
Dr. Santosh Poonnoose
Dr. Santosh Poonnoose
Dear Mr Vink
Dr Poonnoose sees public and private patients at FMC.
You will need a referral letter from your GP to be able to see him. If you have private health insurance you can see him in his private rooms.
If you are a public patient, you can see him in FMC clinics.
Dr Poonnoose is overseas and will not be back until 14th Jan. I suggest you get a referral in the meantime and we can go from there. I hope this helps.

Dr. Michael Coroneos
Dr. Michael Coroneos
Have you had a full neurological examination with reflexes, sensation whilst disrobed appropriately and full spine MRI ? You need to speak with your treating medical practitioner and you may need to be assessed by a neurologist and /or a spinal surgeon.If you are 'getting weaker on standing' that is most concerning- attend your treating doctor ASAP and do not waste your time on Dr Google.It is inappropriate for doctors to solicit consultations.See your treating doctor ASAP.

Couldn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask another question!

This value is too short. It should have __LIMIT__ character or more.

  • Your question will be published anonymously.
  • Make it one, clear medical question and be brief.
  • Question will go to all specialists using this site. Not to one specific doctor.
  • This service does not replace a consultation with a healthcare professional. If you have a problem or urgency, go to your doctor or emergency room.
  • Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests are not allowed.

Choose the medical specialisation of the doctors you want to send the question to
We will use it to notify you about the answer. It will not be published online.
All the contents published in Doctoralia.com.au, especially medical question and answers, are informative and in no case must be considered a substitute for medical advice.