Slipped disk - Information, specialists, frequent questions.

Learn all about Slipped disk

Do you have a question about Slipped disk?

Our experts answered the following question about Slipped disk:

Ask thousands of Doctoralia experts anonymously and for free

  • Your question will be published anonymously
  • Make it one, clear, medical question
  • Be brief
  • This service doesn´t replace a consultation with a medical professional. If you have a problem or emergency, go to a doctor or an emergency room.
  • Questions about a specific case or second opinion requests will not be allowed.

Here are the most popular ones:

Without seeing you or the MRI/CT scan I will assume you meet the criteria for surgery. I would probably decompress and fuse the level. Decompression alone with a large central disc with stenosis often does badly due to the large amount of the disc material that we have to remove. So the q is how to approach this. An anterior ( through the tummy) decompression and fusion or disc replacement are great procedures but have a risk, albeit small, of sexual dysfunction in males. In you I would do a minimally invasive TLIF with posterior instrumentation. But again it would depend on a lot of other factors that your treating surgeon will discuss with you in their office. Rest assured there are good treatment options for you. Good luck. Greg.

  • 2
  • 0
  • 7
Mr. Greg Finch

Orthopaedic Surgeon